Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm a project starter...




Jack continues to ask for the same books over and over again. We're on a Runaway Bunny and Wish for a Fish kick at the moment. Two weeks ago it was Truck Stuck and The Mitten. Last month it was still Christmas books. Despite having 50+ books on his book shelf, he never really seems to pick out different ones, which has got me to thinking. Maybe we need a better way to display his books? I love the book racks from PBKids and Land of Nod, but am not in love with their prices. So...google to the rescue - I have found a project on OhDeeDoh (one of my favorite blogs) with a DIY book shelf project. I'm totally inspired and insist on completing my own. Immediately.

As John and I walk through the aisles of Lowe's and I continue to add items I need for the project, he puts an end to it by saying..."See, this is what you do." And when I ask him what he means, he goes on to say that I like to start projects but never really finish them. Case in point - the dining room chairs I decided to reupholster over a month ago, which are still sitting in the dining room with the new beautiful fabric laying neatly next to them. Fine - point taken.

But, I am now more determined than ever to finish this one...today.

No comments:

Post a Comment