Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dad

I got out of a bubble bath with both babies, feeling like it was a really good day and night. Our bath was super cute...Jack showed off his new skill of dunking his whole head in the water, while Kingsley giggled at me doing 'this little piggie' to her toes. We pretended my bed was a pirate ship, and as we were looking for pirate treasure...Dad called.

Fun night...done. We talked for a minute, and then he shared the news that he's been diagnosed with Stage 1 Bladder Cancer. He'll start treatment when he gets back east in the next few weeks. I of course was hysterical, to which mom blamed on hormones. I on the other hand can't figure out what about the sentence My dad has cancer is NOT serious/upsetting/scary/life-changing/rattling/you-fill-in-the-word.

No comments:

Post a Comment