Sunday, April 4, 2010

Share the News

We told Mimi and Papa about baby #3, which actually went better than expected! Mimi seemed genuinely excited, and Papa said he needed to sit down. As we told them, Jack listened in on the conversation and he too learned of our news. He, of course, had lots of questions. Is it a girl or boy? What does it look like? What clothes is it wearing? Does it have hair? My favorite question came when he asked to see the baby. I lifted my shirt, he looked around on my belly, and was clearly confused. He scanned down to the little freckle on my belly button, tried desperately to look through it and then asked - is that a teeny tiny hole to see the baby?

He has since kissed the belly several times, and even got his sister to kiss it (since she copies just about everything he does).

No comments:

Post a Comment