Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kingsley's Room...getting closer to completion!

Kingsley's big girl room has been my obsession for the last month or two, and it's finally starting to come together. After 3 different color choices for the wall I'm loving the mossy green we chose, the wallpaper is exactly what I wanted, the painted/wallpapered bookshelves look great, and the decorations are finding a place as well. Each part of the room that gets completed (the pendant lamp was the latest) makes me love it even more - it's happy and warm, has plenty of places to play, and still feels calm and comforting. I find myself in there often with the kids - having tea parties at the little table (where Kingsley loves to sit her baby dolls and teddy bears), reading books on the chairs, or just laying on the floor looking up at the butterflies.



Things that still need work:

- The walls behind the chair and the crib need some sprucing up. I'm waiting for the crib to arrive before I do either of these walls, so I know exactly where the chairs will go, and how high/big the crib is.

- The play table and chairs, and the rug underneath - I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the chairs because they're a little difficult for the kids to get in and out of, the rug underneath should probably be a different color, and I'd like to paint some flowers on the table itself.
- Knobs on the dresser need to be changed out for some type of flower.
- I want to add a few more personal things to the room, most importantly an oil painting of Kingsley's favorite teddy - Yaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment