Monday, June 14, 2010

Wish I could bottle up those words!

John went to the gym this morning, choosing to do his morning run inside rather than endure this insane heat. About 20 minutes later, the sky grew really dark and we began hearing thunder. Jack got very worried about Daddy saying "it can't rain when daddy is running outside". I told him that Daddy decided to run at the gym instead. It was quiet for awhile, and then he looked at me with concern and confusion and said "it's a little too small to run in the gym."

There's been a lot of discussion lately about what pee and poop are, where they come from and why. We've explained that pee comes from what you drink and poop comes from what you eat. Tonight I explained a little further that your body uses what it needs from the food you eat, and then turns the rest into poop - to which Jack's response was "just like I like to take the juice from watermelon". Well, yeah...kind of.

Jack and I made bread this afternoon in the shapes of sharks, fish and starfish. He requested to have honey on his, which naturally made his hands filthy. As he washed his hands in the sink after eating, he noticed some of Finn's flakes were on the counter; I explained to him that the cleaning ladies were on their way and they would clean it. This led to a conversation about what their job entails. After he finished washing his hands, he got off his stool and walked away. I asked him to come back and put it away, to which he replied "you can put it away. My job is just to play. It's not my job to put the stool away."

No comments:

Post a Comment