Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day

The kids were very excited to wake up for mother’s day.  SO excited that they couldn’t make it past 6:30.  So…mommy got coffee and breakfast in bed.  At 7.  Sleeping in is overrated, right?

This year, for the first time, I spent part of the day without the kiddos.  I went to Pure Barre at 9 to have just an hour or so to myself, but before leaving the kids got ready for the day. 

IMG_4857IMG_4871IMG_4870

Can you tell which one got himself dressed?  Yikes!

IMG_4858

IMG_4859

IMG_4861     IMG_4862     IMG_4863

IMG_4866     IMG_4868     IMG_4869

While I was gone, the kids worked on questionnaires about Mommy.  My favorite answers…”My mom always tells me what to do,”  “the best thing my mom does is sleep,” and “when my mom shops she likes to buy candy”.  Actually pretty accurate answers.  LOVE these.

IMG_4876  IMG_4873  IMG_4879

Per my request, we took a walk to the pond afterwards.  We hadn’t all taken a walk together in longer than I care to admit.  Jack had hoped to bring his remote control boat, but for some reason it was out of commission.  So they opted for throwing rocks in the water.  And feeding the turtles all the triscuits we brought for snack.  And humoring mommy with a few photo ops.

IMG_4890     IMG_4891     IMG_4892

Love my girl.  The only one who really sat through all the pictures happily.

IMG_4894IMG_4895

So long as she was allowed to take a few pics of her own.  Might need to work on the aim a little bit.  And not making the subject’s hand look 3x its normal size. 

Thinking it may be time to upgrade her though, from Kidizoom to a real camera.  (A cheap real camera).  She loves taking pictures almost as much as me.

IMG_4899     IMG_4903

IMG_4905

Daddy and his girls.

IMG_4906IMG_4908IMG_4904

 

Finished off the day with a nice bath and lots of stories.  All of which I got to choose.  Jack’s been VERY into encyclopedia-ish books.  Dry, informational books.  About dinosaurs.  Dragons.  Snakes.  So I was thrilled to choose all the books that I love – from You are my I Love You to Guess How Much I Love You to Tickle Monster.  John and I ganged up for double the Tickle Monster power, just to ensure LOTS of giggles.  So fun!

IMG_4912   IMG_4920

Great, great day.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet day! love seeing john and you in the photos...so important in the long run! we love those two books too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...love that you are 3.5 years old....hee

    ReplyDelete