Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Watch out Wimbledon!

We signed Jack up for tennis lessons at the club after her recently asked to play.  I’d offered to practice with him before his first lesson, so he’d have an idea of how to hold the racquet, etc., but he told John he didn’t want to play with Mommy until he had some lessons.  Cute boy.  So…today was his first lesson (with his new buddy and fellow Latin boy, Aston).

Aston and Jack waiting patiently in line together for their turns, hanging their tongues out of their mouths in deep concentration…

IMG_4381

FINALLY…his turn!  (Couldn’t wait to ask me after the lesson was over…”Mommy, did you see me hit it waaaay over the net?!”)

  IMG_4386  IMG_4384   IMG_4385

My sweet boy eagerly cleaning up the balls.  Love the last one – Jack’s so enthusiastic, holding as many balls as he absolutely can while the kids next to him are just chatting.

IMG_4377 IMG_4378 IMG_4379

The boys having a blast playing bomb, a version of freeze tag where the coaches try to “hit” them with the tennis ball as they run around the court.  Think this may be Jack’s favorite part of the hour.

IMG_4387 IMG_4388 IMG_4383 IMG_4389

Sweet boys.

IMG_4392 IMG_4394

IMG_4390

1 comment:

  1. way to tell the whole story! this really is my favorite activity aston has done in a long time if not ever. their excitement is out of this world! and man oh man did you nail all these shots! great great pics...thanks for doing my work for me:) my fav is still the tongues...feel like you could submit to some contest:)

    ReplyDelete