Saturday, January 14, 2012

Kingsley. Three.

If I could reach up high and hold a star for every time you’ve made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand.



Today you turn three. With each passing year I hear myself say “I can’t believe you’re already ___”. This year is no different. I can’t believe you’re already three. I can feel it in my bones that three is going to be a great year. At three you are:


Funny. You have a great sense of humor. You are silly and sarcastic, and love to play jokes.



Sweet. You say “yeah, sure” to all kinds of things that other children would say no to. Your brother asks if he can open your presents – “yeah, sure” you tell him. “Can you give that to the baby?” I ask you – “yeah, sure” you say.


A great sister. You play all kinds of games that wouldn’t ordinarily interest you, just because your brother asks you to. You’re generous – every day after ballet your teachers give you a piece of candy, and despite LOVING candy, you save that one piece for Jack. Every time. “This is for Jack” you tell me.


A fashionista. You love picking out your outfits and getting yourself dressed. You ask for “a dress, tights and bloomers” when we’re going to My Gym to play. I showed you a picture of a dress the other day and asked what you thought. “Perfect” you said. Just that one word. Perfect.


You love:


Dancing.


Singing.


Candy.


TV.


Snuggling.


Mommy.



Your favorite books right now are: Little Pea, Too Many Pears, and Mermaid Sister




Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever little fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel.




~ Pablo Picasso




1 comment: