Saturday, March 27, 2010

How Young is Too Young?

Kingsley saw a plastic surgeon for the first (and John says last) time today. She's 14 months. Is that too young???

No, but seriously - it was emotional, scary and eye-opening day. I turned my back for a moment and Kingsley fell off the couch onto the train table. Her head immediately started bleeding, and the two of us burst into tears. I ran to get John, and for the next 30 minutes we went back and forth deciding if we needed to go to the ER. We decided better safe than sorry, and sure enough were told that she'd definitely need stitches - at least 6. We asked for a plastic surgeon, since that's what we've always been told to do if there's a cut on your child's face, though we were definitely confronted with some resistance. Nonetheless, Dr. Criswell came and reassured us we made the right decision to use her - for many reasons (i.e. dissolvable stitches, anesthesia vs. two nurses holding Kingsley down by the arms, doing two layers of stitches, etc). I wish I'd had my camera to take a picture of our little princess in her hospital gown. She was a total trooper - definitely cried less than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment